Friday, December 31, 2010

Another year behind us

And so comes the end of yet another year. As has somehow become tradition, everyone is probably thinking of their new years resolutions. To me, it seems that the years are to short to accomplish everything, especially when you spend the majority of the holiday season sick. And so it seems that I never can accomplish the goals that I set for myself.
It's odd to think about, we celebrate a new year that is coming, but never seem to look back at how short life has been. I remember the start of this year, I remember setting goals for myself. It's odd to look back. Life is like a hill, it seems a lot smaller looking down. Baring some unforeseen act of God, I still have most of my life ahead of me, but even to look back at what's gone by, it all seems so short.
As I am writing this, it is five minutes to the new year, so if you will excuse me, I am off to ponder the past year, set an unreachable goal to see how close I can get, and sleep, but not necessarily in the order, and most certainly not at the same time.

Now lets see, what do I want to accomplish this year?

"I'll never be the same, I'm caught inside the memories, the promises, our yesterdays, and I belong to you"
     - Red, "Never Be The Same"

No comments:

Post a Comment